Gibbons: Anthems, Consort songs, etc.
- Musique Anglaise du XVIIème siècle: Volume I
- Orlando Gibbons: The Cries of London and other Musicke Apt
for Viols and Voyces
Ensemble William Byrd - Graham O'Reilly
- Psalm to the First Preces: The Eyes of All wait upon Thee
- Consort Ode: Do not repine, fair sun
- Madrigal: Trust not too much, fair youth
- Consort Anthem: Blessed are all they that fear the Lord
- Verse Anthem: O God, the King of Glory
- In Nomine (5 viols)
- The Cries of London
- The Lord of Salisbury His Pavin (harp)
- Consort Anthem: Sing unto the Lord, O ye Saints of His
- Verse Anthem: If ye be Risen again with Christ
- Consort Anthem: See, See, The Word is Incarnate
- Consort Song: What is our life?
Performers: Brigitte Vinson, Catherine Jousselin (mezzos), Graham
O'Reilly, Douglas Nasrawi (tenors), James Gowings (baritone), Paul
Willenbroek (bass), Luis-Emilio Rodriguez (treble viol, consort
direction), Hiroshi Fukuzawa, Jonathan Dunford (tenor viols), Christine
Plubeau (bass & treble viols), Pauly van Laarhoven (bass viol),
Andrew Lawrence-King (harp, chamber organ)
Playing time: 62'
Recording date: June 1989
This is an interesting selection, well-performed. In some ways,
this disc is the best introduction to Gibbons.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb