Synagogal Music in the Baroque - II
- Synagogal Music in the Baroque - II
- Hosha'na Rabbah in Casale Monferrato 1732
Dove in the Clefts of the Rock
Anthology of Musical Traditions in Israel AMTI CD 9401
Amsterdam (18th century)
- A. Caceres: Hishqi hizqi, 3-part choir with instrumental
- Anonymous: Kol ha-neshamah, cantata for solo voice and
- C. G. Lidarti: Nora elohim, 3-part choir with orchestra and
- C. G. Lidarti: Be-fi yesharim, 4-part choir with orchestra and
- A. Caceres: Le-el elim, cantata for 2 voices and continuo
"Hosha'na Rabbah in Casale Monferrato 1732" Musical
ceremony for 5 voices, choir and orchestra by anonymous composers.
Liturgical chants, orchestral overtures, interludes and the
cantata-quasi-oratorio: "Dove in the Clefts of the Rock",
Libretto by S.H. Jarach
Participating characters: Angel I; Angel II; Zion, also called
Yonah ("the Dove") representing Israel; "Man clothed
in Linen" (one of the two angels); Clemenza, the interceder
defending Israel; The Voice of God ("Dio")
- Symphony-overture in G; Adon 'olam, for lv. and b.c.; Sinfonia
in G; Zemirot (Ps. 13:6) "according to the melody of
- Symphony-overture in D. Allegro-Sarabanda-Allegro
Yonah ("Dove in the Clefts of the Rock")
- Angels I-II: Duetto (Yonah)
- Zion: Recitative (Ekh) and aria (Hahishah)
- "Man Clothed in Linen": Recitative (Medabber) and
aria (Konen tsur)
- Clemenza: Recitative (Teshu'at) and aria (Shokhen)
- Dio: Recitative (Mah tehemi) and aria (Be-harbi)
A Noah Greenberg Memorial Publication
(C) and (P) The Hebrew University of Jerusalem 1994
Playing time: 73.53 minutes
Works from a concert in Jerusalem, 11 June 1992.
Miriam Meltzer, soprano; Sivan Rotem, soprano; Aris Christofellis,
soprano; Yaakov Zamir, countertenor; Stephan Schreckenberger, bass;
Walter Reiter, guest violonist; David Shemer, cembalo; Isidoro
Roitman, theorbo; Benny Hendel, narrator.
The Israel National Choir Rinat, Avner Itai, musical director
The Keshet Baroque Orchestra, David Shemer, director
Avner Itai, Conductor
Musical arrangements, realization of the basso continuo and program
notes by Israel Adler
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.