- Elizabethan Christmas Anthems
- Red Byrd / Rose Consort of Viols
Amon Ra 46
- Gibbons: This is the record of John (5 voices, 5 viols)
- Byrd: Christe qui lux (4 viols)
- Tomkins: Sing unto God (5 voices, 5 viols)
- Martin Peerson (1580-1650): Upon my lap (4 voices, 3 viols)
- Byrd: Fantasy 2 in 1 (5 viols)
- John Amner (d.1641): O Ye Little Flock (6 voices, 5 viols)
- Byrd: Browning (5 viols)
- Anon: Sweet was the song the virgin sung (soprano, 4 viols)
- Holborne: Pavan The Cradle / Galliard Lullabie (5 viols)
- Bull: The Starre Anthem (6 voices, 5 viols)
- Byrd: Lullaby (alto, 4 viols)
- Gibbons: In Nomine (5 viols)
- Gibbons: See, see, the Word is Incarnate (6 voices, 5 viols)
Performers: Sarah Groser (treble viol), John Bryan (tenor viol),
Susanna Pell (bass viol), Elizabeth Liddle (bass viol), Alison Crum
(great bass viol), John Potter (tenor), Richard Wistreich (bass), Emily
Van Evera (soprano), Kate Eckersley (soprano), Caroline Trevor (alto),
Charles Daniels (tenor), Donald Greig (baritone)
Playing time: 59'
Recording date: November 1989
A recording devoted to Martin Peerson:
- Peerson: Latin Motets
- Ex Cathedra Consort - Jeffrey Skidmore
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb