Tales and Music of the Middle Ages
- Tales and Music of the Middle Ages
- The Quill Consort
Ars Noel Publishing NSP 1010 [Cassette]
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (Anon., c.1400)
- Der Mai (Oswald von Wolkenstein, 1377-1445)
- Bisclavret (Marie de France, c.1175)
- Certamen fidium (Rodney Dillard, Douglas Dillard, Mitchell
Jayne, Dean Webb)
- La Rotta (Italian, 14th century)
- Stella splendens (Spanish, 14th century)
- Non al suo amante (Jacopo da Bologna, fl. c.1350)
- La quarte estampie real (French, 14th century)
- Grendel (excerpt from Beowulf in Old English, c.800)
- Alle psallite (English, 13th century)
- Bailemos (Portuguese, 13th century)
- La quinte estampie real (French, 14th century)
- Con lagrime bagnando me (Giovanni Ciconia, c.1335-1411)
- Saltarello (Italian, 14th century)
- Lullay, lullay (English, 13th century)
- Pearl (excerpt in Middle English, c.1400)
- Pour l'amour (Guillaume Dufay, c.1400-1474)
- Estampida (Italian, 14th century)
- Gabriel fram Heven-king (English, 13th century)
- Trotto (Italian, 14th century)
Playing time: Side A: 27' 05" - Side B: 27' 45"
The Quill Consort - Joseph A. Baldassarre, musical direction
Joseph A. Baldassarre (medieval lute, recoder, crumhorn, flute,
percussion, voice), Linda Marie Zaerr (narration, vielle, rebec,
finger cymbals, voice)
Recording site and date:
Side A: Morrison Center, Boise, ID [03/1989];
Side B: Nova Sound Boise, ID
Information from owned cassette.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.