Johann Adam Reincken (1623-1722):
- Sonata in A minor, from "Hortus musicus" n.1 (violin I/II, viola da gamba; b.c.)
- Sonata in E minor, from "Hortus musicus" n.5 (violin I/II, viola da gamba; b.c.)
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750):
- Sonata in A minor for harpsichord BWV 965, after J.A.Reincken;
Dietrich Buxtehude (1637-1707):
- Sonata in B flat major BuxWV 273 (violin, viola da gamba; b.c.)
- Sonata in G major BuxWV 271 (violin I/II, viola da gamba; b.c.)
- Sonata in C major BuxWV 266 (violin I/II, viola da gamba; b.c.)
Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706):
- Partie (Suite) in G major (violin, viola I/II; b.c.)
- Partie (Suite) in E minor (violin I/II in scordatura; b.c.)
- Aria con variazioni in A major (violin, viola da gamba I/II; b.c.) (reconstr. after a piano reduction by R. Goebel)
- Canon and Gigue in D major (violinI-III; b.c.)
Johann Rosenmüller (c. 1619-1682):
- Sonata in C major (violinI/II, cello; b.c.)
- Sonata in E minor (violinI/II; b.c.)
- Sonata in B flat major (violinI/II, viola; b.c.)
Johannes Schenck (1660-1712):
- Suite in D major (viola da gamba; b.c.)
Johann Paul von Westhoff (1656-1705):
- Sonata "La guerra" in A major (violin; b.c.)
Playing time: 50'46, 63'02, 51'28
Performers: Reinhard Goebel, Hajo Bäß, Mihoko Kimura (violin); Hajo Bäß, Karlheinz Steeb (viola); Jaap ter Linden (cello); Jonathan Cable, Pere Ros (viola da gamba); Konrad Junghänel (theorbo); Henk Bouman (harpsichord, organ).
Recording date: 8/1980.
Comments: Pachelbel's pieces Aria con variazioni in A major, Canon and Gigue in D major and Partie (Suite) in G major, and Buxtehude's Sonata in C major BuxWV 266, Sonata in B flat major BuxWV 273 and Sonata in G major BuxWV 271 were reissued in "Pachelbel: Canon & Gigue, Suiten. Buxtehude: Sonaten" (Archiv 2533469 (1 LP)). The entire set was reissued in budget-price box (Archiv 497 222-2 A X3 (3 CDs)) with the original title. That box also includes some music from later recordings: Walther's "Imitatione del Cuccu ", Biber's "Battalia" and "Die Pauern-Kirchfahrt", from Scherzi musicali and Biber's "Sonata representativa" from Mensa Sonora. All the items by Buxtehude and Pachelbel have been reissued in a mid-price series "Archiv Galleria" (Archiv 427 118-2 A GA (1 CD)) as "Buxtehude & Pachelbel: Chamber Music." Another reissue with the same title in the "Collectio Argentea" edition (Archiv 437 089-2 AT (1 CD)) included Reincken's Sonata in A minor, Rosenmüller's Sonata in E minor, Westhoff's "La Guerra", Buxtehude's BuxWV 273, Pachelbel's Partie in G major and Canon & Gigue. This last selection was recently released in the "Gramophone Awards Collection" (DG Gramophone Awards Collection 476 789-0 (1 CD)).
Based upon the original work of Maurizio Frigeni, with additional information by Alain Pierrard.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.Eduardo Kickhöfel