Heinrich Ignaz Franz von Biber (1644-1704):
- "A due" nn. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 (trumpet I/II)
- Sonata "pro tabula" in C major a 10 (recorder I-V; violin I/II; viola I/II; b.c.)
Giovanni Valentini (1583-2649):
- Sonata "pro tabula" in C major (recorder I-III; dulcian; violin I/II; viola I-III; b.c.)
Antonio Bertali (1605-1669):
- Sonatella in G major (recorder I-V; b.c.)
Johann Heinrich Schmelzer (1623-1680):
- Sonata "a doi Chori" in G major (recorder I-III; dulcian; violin I/II; viola I/II; cello; b.c.)
- Sonata "per chiesa e per camera" in G major (solo violin; recorder; violin I/II; viola I/II; b.c.)
- Sonata in G major (recorder I-VII; positive organ)
- Sonata "ad tabulam" in G major (recorder I/II; violin I/II; b.c.)
Johann Christoph Pezel (1639-1694):
- Sonata in D major (violin I/II; viola I-III; b.c.)
- Sonata in C major a 6 (recorder I/II; violin I/II; viola; cello; b.c.)
Playing time: 67'33
Performers: Paul van Loey, Bart Spanhove, Joris van Goethem, Fumiharu Yoshimine, Adriana Breukink, Katherine Rooman (recorder); Hannes Kothe, Ute Hartwich (trumpet); Florian Deuter, Reinhard Goebel, Wolfgang von Kessinger (violin); Victoria Gunn, Wolfgang von Kessinger, Chen-Ying Lu (viola); Markus Möllenbeck (cello); Dane Roberts (violone); Michael Dücker (theorbo); Rainer Johannsen (recorder, dulcian); Christian Rieger (harpsichord, positive organ).
Recording date: 6/1996.
Comments: With this recording Musica Antiqua Köln celebrates two anniversaries, 25 years since its foundation and 20 years of collaboration with the label Archiv Produktion. The music presented here was created to accompany the dinners of the Prince-Bishop of Olomouc in his palace in Kromeriz. The sonatas are simple, homophonic in character, unobtrusive: an ideal sound-tapestry to accompany the chef's gastronomics masteworks. Biber's "A due" are short pieces scored for two trumpets; they are employed in this recording to provide a musical separation between the sonatas.
Another recording of music made for the court of Kromeriz:
Other recordings of "table music":
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.Maurizio Frigeni