English Consort Songs
- Music of the Spheres
- English Consort Songs and Instrumental Music of the Late 16th
Koningsberger / Fentross / Brisk Recorder Quartet
- Byrd: Ye sacred muses
- Byrd: Fantasia a 4
- Byrd: Come to me, grief, forever
- Richard Nicholson (c.1570-1639): No more, good herdsman
- Nicholson: I am not I of such belief
- Dowland: Can she excuse my wrongs
- Dowland: The Earl of Essex's Galliard
- Dowland: Shall I strive with words to move
- Dowland: Mr. Henry Noell his Galliard
- Nicholas Strogers (c.1555-c.1610): A doleful deadly pang
- Strogers: Mistrust not truth
- Dowland: Fortune my foe
- Sweelinck: Engelsche Fortuyn
- Scheidt: Cantilena Anglica Fortunae
- John Bennet (c.1570-c.1614): Eliza, her name gives honour
- William Wigthorpe (c.1570-c.1610): Were I made juror
- Dowland: Paduan
- Dowland / Wigthorpe: Sorrow, come
Performers: Maarten Koningsberger (baritone), Mike Fentross
(lute), Marjan Banis, Alide Verheij, Jantien Westerveld, Bert Honig
Playing time: 67'
Recording date: March 1997 (Utrecht)
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb