Henry Purcell – Chansons de tavernes et de chapelles
- Henry Purcell
- Chansons de tavernes et de chapelles
The Deller Consort – Alfred Deller, dir.
Harmonia mundi HM 242 [LP]
Harmonia mundi HM 40 242 [Cass.]
Harmonia mundi HMC 90 242 [CD]
Musical Heritage Society MHS 4124 [LP]
Henry Purcell: Catches
- Come let us drink (Z. 245, p1695)
- The miller's daughter riding to the fair (Z. 277, 1685)
- Sir Walter enjoying his damsel (The Scolding) (Z. 273, by1688)
- A health to the nut-brown lass (Z. 240, 1684, p1685)
- Prithee ben't so sad and serious (Z. 269, ????)
- I gave her cakes and gave her ale (Z. 256, 1689-90, p1690)
- Young John the gard'ner (The Servant's Ball) (Z. 292, 1683)
- Once, twice, thrice I Julia tried (Z. 265, ????)
- Of all the instruments that are (In Commendation of the Viol)
(Z. 263, p1693)
- Under this stone lies Gabriel Jones (Z. 286, 1685, p1686)/li>
- Since time so kind to us does prove (Z. 272, ????)
- 'Tis women makes us love (Z. 281, c1683, p1685)
Henry Purcell: Secular songs
- I ever I more riches did desire (Z. 544, 1687)
Henry Purcell: Ode
- Laudate Ceciliam (Z. 329, 1683)
Playing time: 26' 50" + 20' 04" = 46' 54" (LP) or 47'
The Deller Consort
Honor Sheppard (soprano), Jean Knibbs (soprano), Alfred Deller
(counter-tenor), Mark Deller (counter-tenor), Paul Elliott (tenor),
Leigh Nixon (tenor), Maurice Bevan (baritone), Simon Deller
(baritone), Catherine MacKintosh (baroque violin), Monica Huggett
(baroque violin), Jane Ryan (viola di gamba), Robert Elliott (organ,
Alfred Deller, dir.
Recording site and date:
Diapason (#-p.): 219-61 (july 1977)
Information from CD and LP.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.