- Campion: Ayres
- Drew Minter / Paul O'Dette
Harmonia Mundi USA 907023
Harmonia Mundi "Classical Express" 3957023
- Beauty, since you so much desire
- Love me or not
- Your faire lookes
- Never love unless you can
- O never to be moved
- The cypress curtain of the night
- Awake thou spring of speaking grace
- Come, you pretty false-ey'd wanton
- So tyr'd are all my thoughts
- Fire, fire
- Pin'd I am, and like to die
- Author of light
- See where she flies
- Faire, if you expect admiring
- Shall I come, sweet love, to thee?
- It fell on a summer's day
- Kinde are her answers
- Beauty is but a painted hell
- Sweet exclude me not
- Are you what your faire lookes expresse?
- I care not for these ladies
- Never weather-beaten saile
Performers: Drew Minter (countertenor), Paul O'Dette (lute)
Playing time: 58'
Recording date: November 1989
Thomas Campion (1567-1620) was a very accomplished poet, and
indeed these settings subjugate the melodic line (which Campion
considered optional) to the articulation of the poetry. This
program contains a selection of 22 of Campion's 118 songs.
- Move now with measured sound
- Campion: Songs
Robin Blaze / Elizabeth Kenny / David Miller et al.
- Campion: Lute Songs
- Steven Rickards / Dorothy Linell
- Campion: English Ayres
- Michael Chance / Nigel North / The English Ayre / Concordia
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb