- Byrd: Psalmes, Sonets & Songs (1588)
- The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley
L'Oiseau Lyre (Florilegium) 443 187
Decca "British Music Collection" 475 049
- O God give ear and do apply (5 voices)
- O Lord, how long wilt thou forget (tenor, 4 viols)
- If women could be fair (5 voices)
- What pleasure have great princes (countertenor, 4 viols)
- In fields abroad (soprano, 4 viols)
- The match that's made (soprano, 4 viols, chorus)
- All as a sea (contralto, 4 viols)
- Susanna fair (soprano, 4 viols)
- Care for thy soul (mezzo-soprano, 4 viols)
- Lullaby (mezzo-soprano, 4 viols, chorus)
- Come to me, grief, for ever (5 voices)
- O that most rare breast (countertenor, 4 viols)
Performers: Emma Kirkby, Poppy Holden (sopranos); Jacqueline
Fox, Evelyn Tubb (mezzo-sopranos); John York Skinner (countertenor);
Mary Nichols, Cathy Cass (contraltos); Joseph Cornwell, Andrew King
(tenors); John Milne, Francis Steele (basses); Trevor Jones, Alison
Crum, Oliver Hirsh, Gregor Anthony (viols)
Playing time: 65'
Recording date: May 1980; CD reissue: 1994
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb