The Mantle of Orpheus
- The Mantle of Orpheus
- Henry Purcell's last songs, and the songs of his fellow composers
who survived him
The Purcell Circle
The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
Musica Oscura 070977-2
- No, no, no, resistance is but vain
- The appointed Hour
- Sweeter than Roses
- Fixt on the fair Miranda's Eyes
- On yonder Bed Supinely Laid
- Relieve, the fair Belinda said
- Lovely Albina
- Take, O take those Lips away
- When Myra sings
- Come, let us howle
- Let the dreadful Engines
- From Rosie Bow'rs
- Love thou can'st hear
- Underneath a gloomy shade
- Stay, gentle Echo
- The Fatal Hour
- Lost is my Quiet
- Bacchus is a Pow'r divine
- Let us revell and roar
- Hey hoe!
Playing time: 75'43"
Performer: The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
[Emma Kirkby (soprano), Evelyn Tubb (soprano), Mary Nichols (alto),
Joseph Cornwell (tenor), Andrew King (tenor), Simon Grant (bass),
David Thomas (bass), Alan Wilson (organ and harpsichord), Richard
Boothby (bass viol), Michael Fields (lute), David Miller (lute),
Jan Walters (harp)]
Recording site and date: Forde Abbey, Dorset; April 1994
Comments: Information from ownd CD.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.