Ferrabosco: Consort Music & Consort Songs
- Ferrabosco: Consort Music & Consort Songs
- Susan Hamilton / Ricercar Consort - Philippe Pierlot
- Four-Note Pavan "Hear me O God" (voice, 4 viols)
- In Nomine à 5
- Fantasia In Nomine à 6
- Anon: Sweet was the Song the virgin sung
- Allmand (2 lyra viols)
- Anon: This merry pleasant Spring
- Dovehouse Pavan à 5
- Richard Nicholson: Cuckoo
- Anon: When Daphne from fair Phoebus did fly
- Fantasia à 4
- Alas, Alack, my heart is woe
- Fantasia à 6
- Why Stays the Bridegroom (voice, bass viol)
- Pavan (lyra viol)
- Why Stays the Bridegroom (voice, bass viol; ornamented version)
- Fantasia on the Hexachord (5 viols)
- Anon: Farewell the bliss
Performers: Susan Hamilton (soprano), Philippe Pierlot (treble
& bass viol, lyra viol), Sophie Watillon (treble & bass
viol), Kaori Uemura (lyra viol), Domen Marincic (alto & bass
viol), Mieneke van der Velden (bass viol), Richard Myron (great
bass viol), Rainer Zipperling (bass viol)
Playing time: 71'
Recording date: September 1999 (Eglise de Bra)
The present program is devoted primarily to Alfonso Ferrabosco
II (c.1575-1628). The opening track is his only consort song
(tracks #13/15 are an adapted lute song; track #11 is not specified
as anonymous, but apparently is). Ferrabosco was the first to
publish for lyra viol.
A recording devoted to lyra viol, featuring Ferrabosco:
- Musicke & Myth: Music for two lyra viols
- Hume / Ford / Ferrabosco
Jane Achtman / Irene Klein / Silvia Tecardi
Raum Klang 9906
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb