The Fitzwilliam Virginal Book
- The Fitzwilliam Virginal Book
- Transcriptions for a mixed consort
- Byrd: Walsingham (violin, 3 viols, harpsichord)
- Farnaby: Loth to depart (2 lutes)
- Morley arr. Byrd: O Mystress Myne (voice, violin, 3 viols,
- Farnaby: Lord Zouches Maske (2 viols, violin, harpsichord)
- Bull: Ut re mi fa sol la (violin, 3 viols)
- Byrd: Pavana (violin, 3 viols, lute)
- Byrd: Galiarda (violin, 3 viols, lute)
- Farnaby: Daphne (voice, violin, 3 viols, lute)
- Farnaby: Up Tails All (viol, lute, harpsichord)
- William Inglott: The Leaves bee greene (viol, organ)
- Martin Peerson: The Fall of the Leafe (organ)
- Bull: The King's Hunt (flute, violin, 3 viols, cittern,
- Gibbons: The Lord of Salisbury his Pavan (lute)
- Byrd: Rowland (2 viols)
- Anon: Alman (2 viols)
- Sweelinck: Praeludium Toccata (viol, chitarrone)
- Philips: Amarilli di Julio Romano (voice, 3 viols, lute,
- Byrd: Gipseis Round (violin, 3 viols, lute, cittern,
Performers: Susanne Heinrich (viols), Lynda Sayce (flute, lute,
chitarrone), Kah-Ming Ng (organ, harpsichord), Oliver Webber
(violin), Susanna Pell (bass viol), Reiko Ichise (bass viol), Jacob
Heringman (cittern, lute), Rupert Jennings (tenor voice)
Playing time: 70'
Recording date: February 1999 (Gloucestershire)
This recording represents some interesting modern arrangements
of keyboard works, inspired by the reworking of material at that
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb