Tudor viol consorts
- Heart's Ease
- Music for viol consort from the late Tudor and early Stuart
Virgin Veritas 59667
- William Lawes: Almaine
- Holborne: Almain - The honie-suckle
- Dowland: Captaine Piper his galiard
- Holborne: Coranto - The fairie-round
- Gibbons: Fantasy (a 4) for the "Great Dooble Base" (VdGS no.
- Lawes: Aires for two division viols in C - Pavan & Almaine
- Bull: Fantasy (a 4)
- Byrd: Fantasy (a 5) "Two in one"
- Lawes: Consort sett (a 5) in C - Fantazy & Paven
- Alfonso Ferrabosco: In Nomine (a 5; VdGS no. 2)
- Dowland: M. Bucton his galiard
- Dowland: M. Nicholas Gryffith his galiard
- Byrd: A fancie in C (organ)
- Holborne: Pavan - Paradizo
- Gibbons: In nomine (a 5; VdGS no.1)
- Dowland: Lachrymae antiquae
Performers: Wendy Gillespie, Richard Campbell, Julia Hodgson,
Elizabeth Liddle, Richard Boothby, William Hunt (viols); Christopher
Wilson (lute), Paul Nicholson (organ)
Playing time: 59'
Recording date: June 1986
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb