There were Three Ravens
- There were Three Ravens
- Thomas Ravenscroft
Songs, Rounds and Catches
The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
Virgin Classics VC 791217-2
Thomas Ravenscroft (c.1582-c.1635)
- The Cryers Song of Cheape-side
- A Round of Three Country Dances in One
- Martin said to his man
- Wee be Souldiers three
- Yonder comes a courteous knight
- Of all the birds that ever I see
- A wooing Songs of a Yeoman of Kents Sonne
- Browning Madame
- Three blinde Mice
- To morror the Fox will come to towne
- Viol Fancy
- Fantasia No. 4
- Fancy No. 1
- The crowning of Belphebe
- The Marriage of Frogge and the Mouse
- Musing mine owne selfe all alone
- Laboravi in gemitu meo
- Ne laeteris inimica mea
- There were three Ravens
- Hodge Trillindle to his Zweet hort Malkyn
Playing time: 61'14"
Performer: The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
[Emma Kirkby (soprano), Evelyn Tubb (soprano), Mary Nichols (alto),
Andrew King (tenor), Paul Agnew (tenor), Alan Ewing (bass), Anthony
Rooley (lute), Alison Crum (viols), Mark Caudle (viols), Piet
Stryckers (viols), John Bryan (viols), Elizabeth Liddle (viols),
David Miller (bandora), Robin Jeffrey (cittern), Frances Kelly
Recording site and date: Forde Abbey, Dorset; May 1989
Comments: Information from owned CD.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.