English Virginal music, 1570-1650
- Musick as befitts a Quene
- English Virginal Music: 1570-1650
Wild Boar 9102
- Gibbons: Prelude in a
- Byrd: Fantasy in d
- William Inglot: Variations on "The Leaves bee greene"
- Anon: Alman
- Philips: Pavane
- Philips: Galliard
- Farnaby: Fantasia
- Tomkins: The Lady Folliott's Galliard
- Farnaby: Tell me Daphne
- Gibbons: Fantazia of four parts
- William Tisdall: Pavana Chromatica
- Anon: Allemanda
- Byrd: Pavana Lachrimae
- Anon: Chi passa per questa strada?
- Byrd: Pavan Tregian
- Byrd: Galliard Tregian
- Bull: Pavane
- Bull: Galliarde
- Anon: Passing Measures Pavan
- Anon: Passing Measures Galliard
- Byrd: My Lady Nevell's Ground
Playing time: 74'
Recording date: June 1991
Instrument: Harpsichord Keith Hill (after Ruckers 1640)
This is another excellent collection, with a high percentage chosen
from the most serious pieces of the era, balanced against a broad
range of composers & styles. The performance frequently adopts a
reflective mood, lingering on inner voices; the instrument itself
has a very bright tone.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb