- Classical Heritage
- Geetha Ramanathan Bennett
w/ Mannargudi A. Easwaran (mridangam), N. Govindarajan (ghatam)
Private label - produced by Sangita Asian Musical Society
- Karunai Seyvai - Hamsadvani/Adi - Papanasam Sivan (6'32)
- Palukavemina - Poorna Chandrika/Adi - Tyagaraja (3'58)
- Anuragamuleni - Saraswathi/Rupakam - Tyagaraja (9'47)
- (unknown) - (3'51)
- Atamodigala - Charukesi/Adi - Tyagaraja (28'04)
- Tillana - Sindubhairavi/Adi - Lalgudi Jayaraman (8'05)
- Thirupugazh: Niraimathi - Hamsaanandi/Adi - Arunagirinathar (1'00)
- Kavadichindu: Villinaiotha puruvam - Eka Tala, Tisra Nadai -
Subramanya Bharathi (3'11)
Sound quality: very good
Recording date: 1993 (Madras)
I bought this disc at a concert. As far as I know, it is not
Track #4 is not listed in the contents. I will see if I can
place it, if my foggy memory cooperates.
The elaborate rendition of "Atamodigala" is excellent,
but the CD program in general suffers from a over-predominance of
fast-tempo pieces. I know that Geetha Bennett can perform slow-tempo
and especially middle-tempo, so I guess this is due to a desire to
pack the most notes-per-CD.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb