- South Indian Classical Flute
- T. Viswanathan (flute, voice)
w/ V. Thyagarajan (violin), Ramnad V. Raghavan (mridangam)
JVC World Sounds VICG-5453
- Varnam: Karunimpa - Sahana/Adi - Tiruvotriyur Tyagayyar (3'40)
- Nivadanegana - Saranga/Khanda Chapu - Tyagaraja (7'26)
- Sankaracaryam - Shankarabharana/Adi - Subbarama Dikshitar (33'33)
- Padam: Paiyeda Paimida - Nadanamakriya/Tisra Triputa - Kshetrayya (7'02)
- Viruttam: Kanduha Madakkariyai - Ragamalika - Tayumanavar (10'50)
- Devarunama: Krishna Ni Begana Baro - Yaman Kalyani/Misra Chapu - Vyasaraya (6'05)
Sound quality: superlative
Recording date: October 1994 (Tokyo)
Although the technical production is excellent, one must make
mention of the fact that the thin-paper liner notes do not give
even raga & tala, although they do make other remarks. The
present ascriptions were double-checked with an associate of the
Track #5 is sung, and quite well.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb