- Lute Maestro
- V. Doreswamy Iyengar
w/ D. Balakrishna (veena support), Vellore G. Ramabhadran (mridangam),
T.H. Vinayakram (ghatam)
- Maathe Malayadhwaja - Khamas/Adi - Muthiah Bhagavatar (5'52)
- Raghunaatha Nannu - Suraranjani/Adi - Ramnad Srinivasa Iyengar
- Apparama Bhakthi - Panthuvarali/Rupakam - Thyagaraja (9'00)
- Pogadirelo Ranga - Shankarabharanam/Misra Chapu - Purandaradasa
- Bhajare - Abheri/Adi - Mysore Vasudevacharya (16'04)
- Manasa Sancharare - Sama/Adi - Sadasiva Brahmendra (7'44)
- Thillana - Behag/Deshadi - Mysore Veena Seshanna (5'05)
- Thillana - Darbari/Adi - Mysore Veena Seshanna (4'31)
- Kalaye - Janjhoti/Rupakam - Swathi Thirunal (5'25)
Sound quality: excellent
Original release: 1996 (Sangeetha)
The renditions and sound quality are good here, but none of the
items really stands out. The main piece is mostly percussion, and
so the program as a whole lacks weight. Nonetheless, it is a
sensible introduction to ragas on veena.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb