- The Tradition of Carnatic Music on Veena - 2
- Ranganayaki Rajagopalam - Karaikudi Vani
w/ S. Karthick (ghatam)
Makar Records 029
- Varnam: Sami Ninne - Shankarabharanam/Adi - Vinai Kuppier (9'11)
- Sarasiruha - Nattai/Adi - Puliyur Doreswami Iyer (8'42)
- Padavini - Salaka Bhairavi/Adi - Thyagaraja (4'56)
- Ramachandram - Vasanta/Rupakam - Muttuswamy Dikshitar (6'37)
- Ragam - Todi - (9'08)
- Tanam - Todi - (18'00)
- Emi Jesite - Todi/Misra Chapu - Thyagaraja (12'37)
- Javali: Kommaro - Khamas/Adi - Poochi Iyengar (1'50)
Sound quality: superlative
Recording date: 1997
Tampura: R. Vaidhya
Ranganayaki Rajagopalam (b.1932) is a senior disciple of Karaikudi
Sambasiva Iyer and has maintained a concert career since the early
The playing here is precise, yet unselfconscious, as characteristic
of Ranganayaki Rajagopalam.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb