- D. K. Pattammal
- w/ Thirupparkadal Veeraraghavan (violin), Palghat Mani Iyer
Dreams Audio "Great Masters" CDNF 218/219 (2
- Varnam: Pagavari - Hamsadhwani/Adi - Patnam Subramania Iyer
- Sujana Jeevana - Khamas/Rupakam - Tyagaraja (5'11)
- Birana Varalichi - Kalyani/Rupakam - Shyama Sastry (20'47)
- Vidhulaku - Mayamalavagowla/Adi - Tyagaraja (9'04)
- Mamavapattabhi - Manirangu/Mishra Chapu - Muthuswamy Dikshitar
- Raksha Bettare - Bhairavi/Adi - Tyagaraja (18'18)
- Kaalaharana - Sudhasaveri/Rupakam - Tyagaraja (11'04)
- Toli Janma - Bilahari/Jhampa - Tyagaraja (9'06)
- Eti Janma - Varali/Misra Chapu - Tyagaraja (8'26)
- Thiruppugazh - Ragamalika - Arunagirinathar (12'01)
Sound quality: fair
Original recording: unknown; CD release: 2000
Other accompanists are not named. DKJ evidently takes part in
this recital as a support vocalist, sometimes singing entire phrases.
There is also a moorsing player clearly audible at times.
If the notes to the recording are to be believed, this is the
first concert in which Palghat Mani Iyer accompanied DKP, a landmark
event for female vocalists in general.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb