- Saxophone Indian Style
- Kadri Gopalnath
w/ M. Chandrasekaran (violin), T.V. Gopalakrishnan (mridangam)
- Jagadananda Karaka - Nattai/Adi - Thyagaraja (4'45)
- Mohana Rama - Mohanam/Adi - Thyagaraja (25'43)
- Parvatha Raja Kumari - Sriranjani/Adi - Muthuswamy Dikshitar (10'03)
- Pavana Guru - Hamsanandhi/Rupakam - Lalitadasar (8'05)
- Krishna Nee - Yaman Kalyani/Misra Chapu - Vyasaraya (3'14)
- Thillana - Kadana Kuthakalam/Adi - Ramanathapuram Srinivasa
- Venkatachala Nilayam - Sindhu Bhairavi/Adi - Purandara Dasa (3'13)
Sound quality: fair
Original release: 1986
This is still one of Kadri Gopalnath's best recordings. The
accompanists are definitely a highlight. The program itself is
perhaps not as strong as some, but there is a tangible excitement.
I should specifically note that much of the reason I like this
disc so much is the presence of M. Chandrasekaran whom one cannot
otherwise hear on CD. Of course, T.V. Gopalakrishnan is also a
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb