- Classic Carnatic Concerts
- M. S. Gopalakrishnan - Live, Vol. 1
w/ Narmada (violin support), R. Ramesh (mridangam), Vaikom
EMI India CC 275C 47009
- Varnam: Intachala - Begada/Adi - Veena Kuppier (10'21)
- Swaminatha - Nattai/Adi - Muthuswamy Dikshitar (9'40)
- Amba Paradevathe - Rudrapriya/Khanda Chapu - Krishnaswamy Ayyah
- Anandanatamaaduvar - Poorvikalyani/Rupakam - Nilakanta Sivan
- Nadhasudharasa - Arabhi/Rupakam - Thyagaraja (13'41)
- Ra Ra Maa - Asaveri/Adi - Thyagaraja (6'03)
Sound quality: very good
Recording date: 1998 (Narada Gana Sabha)
There is a wealth of technique here, including both the fast
bow work for which the Parur style has become known as well as more
rigorous gamaka-laden treatments in the major pieces. The length
of the program over two CDs also allows for more scope.
To Vol. 2 details.
To M. S. Gopalakrishnan
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb