- M. L. Vasanthakumari
- w/ R. Charumathi (vocal support), A. Kanyakumari (violin), Tanjore
S. Krishnamoorthy Rao (mridangam), Prabhavathi (vocal support),
Thiruvellore Subrahmanyam (violin), Krishnamoorthy Rao (mridangam),
Palghat Sundaram (ghatam)
EMI India CDNF 147733
- Yekadantham - Bilahari/Misra Chapu - Muthuswami Dikshitar (4'25)
- Aanandhamrudhakarshini - Amrithavarshini/Adi - Muthuswami Dikshitar
- Sri Viswanatham - Chathurdasa Ragamalika/Adi - Muthuswami
- Sasivadhana - Chandrajothi/Adi - Thyagaraja (4'12)
- Shankari Sankuru - Saveri/Adi (Tisra nadai) - Syama Sastri (11'12)
- Dayaraani - Mohanam/Khanda Chapu - Thyagaraja (3'42)
- Naadathanumanisam - Chittaranjani/Adi - Thyagaraja (2'48)
- Nijadaasavaradha - Kalyani/Adi - Patnam Subramania Iyer (18'28)
Sound quality: fairly good
Recording dates: 1977 (tracks 1-6), 1969 (tracks 7 & 8); CD
The first set of accompanists listed (above) perform on tracks 1-6,
while the second set perform on tracks 7 & 8.
There are some interesting items here, but like so many of these
reissues, the inspiration is uneven and the combined program is
not very coherent.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb