- M.S. Gopalakrishnan
- w/ Narmada Gopalakrishnan (violin support), Vellore G. Ramabhadran
(mridangam), T.V. Gopalakrishnan (mridangam)
EMI India CDNF 147738
- Sarasuda - Saveri/Adi - Kothavasal Venkataramier (6'11)
- Raghunayaka - Hamsadhwani/Adi - Thyagaraja (11'07)
- Pavanathmaja - Chala Natai/Khanda Chapu - Muthuswamy Dikshitar
- Bhavanutha - Mohanam/Adi - Thyagaraja (9'26)
- Parandamavati Jayathi - Dharmavathi/Rupakam - Muthuswamy Dikshitar
- Nadadina Mata - Janaranjani/Misra Chapu - Thyagaraja (12'18)
- Evaritho Ney Telputhu - Manavathi/Adi - Thyagaraja (5'15)
- Manave Mantralaya - Suddha Sarang/Adi - Padma Charan (4'48)
Sound quality: good
Recording date: 1972/1983; CD issue: 1994
Tracks 1 & 5-8 are accompanied by Narmada Gopalakrishnan
& Vellore G. Ramabhadran, while tracks 2-4 are accompanied by
Tracks 1, 3 & 4 are labeled "1972", while tracks
2, 5-8 are labeled "1983".
There are also some interesting items here, especially the
Dikshitar. The sequence of ragas is perhaps a bit strange.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb