- S. Balachander
- w/ Guruvayur Dorai (mridangam), Mannargudi Eswaran (mridangam)
EMI India CDNF 147746
- Mokshamu Galadhaa - Saramathi/Adi - Thyagaraja (4'19)
- Ninnuvina Mari - Poorvikalyani/Misra Chapu - Syama Sastry (3'52)
- Angaaraka - Surati/Rupakam - Muthuswamy Dikshitar (4'27)
- Raghuvamsa Sudha - Kathana Kuthoohalam/Adi - Patnam Subramania
- Naaninna Dhyaana - Kanada/Misra Chapu - Purandaradasa (4'29)
- Smara Janaka - Behag/Misra Chapu - Swathi Thirunal (2'28)
- Sree Subrahmanyaaya Namasthe - Kambhoji/Rupakam - Muthuswamy Dikshitar
- Padam: Theruvil Varaano - Kamas/Rupakam - Muthuthandavar (3'08)
- Javali: Sarasamulaade - Kapi/Desadi - Poochi Srinivasa Iyengar
- Nandanar: Iyeh! Metha Kadinam - Ragamalika/Adi - Gopalakrishna
- Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai - Sindhubhairavi/Misra Jampa - Subramania
- Ramdhun: Raghupathi Raagava Rajaram (3'22)
- Thiruppugaz: Thullumudha Vetkai - Hamsaanandhi/Adi - Arunagirinathar
- Mangalam - Sourashtram/Adi - Thyagaraja (1'04)
Sound quality: fairly good
Recording date: 1965/1975; CD issue: 1994
Track 7 is accompanied by Mannargudi Eswaran and was recorded in 1975;
the remaining tracks are accompanied by Guruvayur Dorai and were
recorded in 1965.
Items #4 & #6 are performed without much consideration,
almost as diversions. Indeed, this recording is a disappointment,
with the exception of "Sree Subrahmanyaaya Namasthe".
Hopefully more of Balachander's extended recordings will make their
way to CD.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb