- Sri Muthuswami Dikshitar's Sri Kamalamba Navavaranam
- S. Rajeswari
EMI India CDNF 147782/83 (2 CDs)
- Dhyanam: Kamalambike - Thodi/Rupakam (14'16)
- First: Kamalamba Samrakshatu - Ananda Bhairavi/Misrachapu
- Second: Kamalambam Bhajare - Kalyani/Adi (20'42)
- Third: Shri Kamalambikaya - Shankarabharanam/Rupakam (25'47)
- Fourth: Kamalambikayai - Kambhoji/Khanda jathi Ata (13'26)
- Fifth: Shri Kamalambayah Paramnahire - Bhairavi/Misra Jampa
- Sixth: Kamalambikayah - Punnagavarali/Rupakam (11'28)
- Seventh: Shri Kamalambikayam - Sahana/Tisra Triputa (11'43)
- Eighth: Shri Kamalambike Avava - Ghanta/Adi (9'57)
- Ninth: Shri Kamalamba Jayathi - Ahiri/Rupakam (10'52)
- Mangalam: Shri Kamalambike - Shree/Kanda Eka (3'27)
Sound quality: good
Recording date: unknown; Release date: 1995
Accompanists are not named.
I don't know anything about S. Rajeswari, but her rendition of
the Kamalamba Navavarana kritis is effective, and a very welcome
addition to Carnatic music on CD. The performances of the first
CD are certainly more accomplished, however, and as the tantric
levels are ascended the renditions become less compelling. However,
they remain worthwhile demonstration performances.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb