- D. K. Jayaraman
- w/ T. Rukmini (violin), Srimushnam V. Raja Rao (mridangam),
T.H. Subhashchandran (ghatam)
EMI India CDNF 168307
- Vinatha Sutha - Jayantha Sena/Adi - Thyagaraja (6'13)
- Nunnu Vina - Reethi Gowla/Adi, Tisranadai - Shyama Sastri (5'50)
- Hiranmayim - Lalitha/Rupakam - Muthuswamy Dikshitar (12'41)
- Ma Mayura - Bilahari/Adi - Mazhavai Chidambara Bharatiyar (5'37)
- Rama Dayajudave - Dhanyasi/Adi - Bhadrachala Ramdas (8'03)
- Mahadeva - Revathi/Adi - Tanjore Sankara Iyer (8'37)
- Yelara Krishna - Kambhoji/Rupakam - Thyagaraja (5'30)
- Gangadheeshwaram - Sindhu Bhairavi/Adi - Guru Surajananda (5'11)
- Thiruppugazh - Hamsanandhi/Adi - Arunagirinathar (2'07)
Sound quality: excellent
Original recording: unknown; CD release: 1998
No backing vocalists... a clear win under the circumstances.
This is really a fabulous recital for laya. "Hiranmayim
Lakshmim" remains one of my favorite songs, and here it finally
receives an authoritative vocal rendition. The program has more
short items than might be preferable, but illustrates a good range
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb