- T.K. Govinda Rao
- w/ Purnachander (violin), Madurai T. Srinivasan (mridangam),
Palghat V.A. Sundaram (ghatam)
EMI India CDNF 168427
- Entha Vedu Kondu Raghava - Saraswathi Manohari/Adi - Thyagaraja
- Biraana Brova - Kalyani/Adi, Tisra Gathi - Tharangampadi
Panchanatha Iyer (18'32)
- Bhogeendrasaayinam - Kunthalavarali/Khanda Chapu - Swathi
- Thiruvadi Saranam - Khambhoji/Adi - Gopalakrishna Bharathi
- Kaaththarulenam - Sindhubhairavi/Adi - (6'04)
- Baaro Krishnayya - Ragamalika/Adi - Kanaka Dasar (6'39)
- Ramarathna - Peelu/Adi - Meera Bai (6'11)
Sound quality: good
Recording date: unknown; CD issue: 2000
This is a rather far-ranging collection, with no true "main
piece" (and track #2 features a thani avartham) as befitting
TKG's somewhat esoteric interests. It does display some of his
tremendous raga bhava, however, in the short pieces.
Despite the almost embryonic program, TKG's style is extremely
communicative, with a command of history & substance which is
especially appealing to the more scholarly-oriented listener.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Carnatic CD list.
T. M. McComb