- Ranganathaya Namaha
- Tribute to Lord Ranganatha
Chitravina N. Ravikiran's Ensemble Vintage Virtuosos
Sri Ranganatha Temple
- Ranganatha Panchakam - Ragamalika (Punnagavarali, Kuranji,
Nadanamakriya, Mohanakalyani, Sri)/Adi, Khanda Gati - Venkata Kavi
/ Ravikiran (4'20)
- Ranganathude - Saurashtra/Rupakam - Tanjore Quartet (3'30)
- Ranganatham Anisham - Gambheera Nattai/Adi - Venkata Kavi
- Raju Vedele - Todi/Rupakam - Thyagaraja (5'20)
- Ranganayakam Bhavaye - Nayaki/Adi - Mutthuswami Dikshitar
- Parimala Rangapate - Kadanakuttohalam/Sankeerna Jhampa -
Chitravina Ravikiran (4'40)
- O Rangashayi - Kambodi/Adi - Thyagaraja (13'35)
- Tillana: Mangalakara - Hamsanandam/Mishra Chapu - Chitravina
- Vinarada Na Manavi - Devagandhari/Adi - Thyagaraja (4'55)
- Pashuram: Onrum Marandariyen - Madhyamavati/Rupakam - Poigai
Azhwar / Ravikiran (2'30)
- Paduka Sahasra Shlokas - Vedanta Deshika (1'20)
Performers: Chitravina N. Ravikiran (chitravina), Adambakkam
Shankar (ghatam), Chitravina Ganesh (chitravina), Lata Ganapathy
(voice), Salem Gayathri (voice), Savita Narasimhan (voice), Seeta
Doraiswami (jalatarangam), Subhalakshmi (violin), Tiruchy L. Saravana
(flute), Vishaal Sapuram, Vizianagaram Satishkumar (mridangam)
Sound quality: superlative
Recording date: July 1999 (Madras); released: 2000
This is perhaps the most difficult to obtain release to date by
Ravikiran's ensemble. However, it contains many intriguing items.
Track #5 is a solo performance on chitravina. There are also
some brief alapanas included, in tracks #3 & #7.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To Ravikiran ensemble recordings page.
T. M. McComb