- La Battaglia
- Philip Jones Brass Ensemble - Elgar Howarth
Argo ZRG 932 [LP]
William Byrd (1543 - 1623)
- The Marche before the Battell
- The souldiers' sommons
- The marche of footemen
- The marche of horsemen
- The Trumpetts
- The Irish Marche
- The bagpipe and the drone
- The flute and the droome
- The marche to the fighte
- The Retraite
- The buriing of the dead
- The Morris
- The souldiers' dance
- The Gaillarde for the Victoire
- The Earle of Oxford's Marche
Adriano Banchieri (1568 - 1634)
- "Udite, ecco le trombe"
Johann Huhnau (1660 - 1722)
The battle between David and Goliath
- The boasting of Goliath
- The trembling of the Israelites on the appearance of the giant,
and their prayer made to God
- The courage of David, and his desire to humble the arrogange
of his dreadful enemy, together with his confidence placed in the
aid of God
- The struggle between the two and their contest. With his sling
David throws the flint at the forehead of the giant; Goliath
- The flight of the Philistines, who are pursued by the
- The joy of the Israelites at their victory
- The concert of music by the women in honour of David
- The general jubilation and the dances of joyfulness of the
John Jenkins (1592 - 1678)
- Fantasia "Newark Siege"
George Frideric Handel (1685 - 1759)
- La Réjouissance (from the Royal Fireworks Music)
Playing time: ??' ??"
Philip Jones Brass Ensemble [Philip Jones, James Watson (trumpets),
Michael Laird, Paul Archibald, John Miller, William Houghton
(flugelhorns), Ifor James, Anthony Randall, John Pignéguy,
patrick Garvey (horns), John Iveson, Roger Brenner, David Purser,
Raymond Premru (trombones), John Fletcher, John Jenkins, David
Purser (tubas), David Corkhill, Norman Taylor (percussion)] - Elgar
Howarth, Philip Jones, dir.
Place and date of recording:
St. Jude's Hampstead Garden Suburb .
Decca 448 183-2 [CD] La Battaglia -
Music for the Battle
Information from owned LP.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.