Deller - Gibbons
- The Silver Swan
- Gibbons - Anthems, Madrigals & Fantasies
Deller Consort - Alfred Deller / Schola Cantorum Basiliensis - August
Archiv Codex Series 453 166
- Anthem a 5: O Lord, I lift my heart to Thee
- Hymn a 4: Thus Angels sung
- Fantasia I a 3
- Anthem a 4: Almighty and everlasting God
- Hymn a 4: O my love, how comely now
- In nomine a 5
- Anthem a 4: O Lord, increase my faith
- Anthem a 5: This is the record of John
- Madrigal a 5: What is our life?
- Fantasia II a 3
- Madrigal a 5: The silver Swan
- Fantasia a 4
- Cries of London I: God give you good morrow
- Cries of London II: A good sausage, a good
- Canzonet a 6: Good love, then fly thou to her
- Canzonet a 3: Farewell, disdainful
- Madrigal a 4: Hark, jolly shepherds, hark
- Madrigal a 4: Now is the gentle season / The fields abroad
- Ballett a 5: My lovely wanton jewel
- Canzonet a 2: Sweet nymph, come to thy lover
- Canzonet a 6: Stay, heart, run not so fast
- Canzonet a 5: O grief, even on the bud
Performers - Gibbons: Eileen McLoughlin (soprano), Alfred Deller
(alto), Wilfred Brown (tenor), Gerald English (tenor), Maurice Bevan
(bass), Norman Platt (bass), Marianne Majer (alto viol), Hannelore
Müller (tenor & bass viol), August Wenzinger (treble viol),
Jan Crafoord (treble & tenor viol), Johannes Koch (bass &
contrabass viol); Performers - Morley: Ambrosian Singers, direction
Playing time: 63'
Recording dates: October 1955, Bielefeld Oetkerhalle (Gibbons) /
June 1962 (Morley)
The original issue of the Gibbons program was on
Archiv 14 056 (LP).
The Morley portion of this program does
not involve the Deller Consort in any way.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb