Tomkins: The Great Service
- Tomkins: The Great Service
- Tallis Scholar - Peter Phillips
Gimell 454 924
- Te Deum
- Nunc dimittis
- When David Heard
- Then David mourned
- Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom
- Woe is me
- Be strong and of a good courage
- O sing unto the Lord a new song
- O God, the proud are risen against me
Playing time: 58'
Release date: 1991
The first four tracks constitute the great service.
Although Gibbons dominated his
generation, Thomas Tomkins (1572-1656) did make a contribution to
the anthem repertory.
Other recordings devoted to Tomkins' anthems:
- Tomkins: Third Service & Anthems
- Choir of New College Oxford - Edward Higginbottom
- Tomkins: Choral and Organ Music
- Laurence Cummings / Oxford Camerata - Jeremy Summerly
- When David Heard...
- Anthems by Weelkes & Tomkins
Choir of Trinity College Cambridge - Richard Marlow
A recording devoted to Thomas Weelkes (1576-1623):
- Weelkes: Anthems
- Oxford Camerata - Jeremy Summerly
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb