- Sarum Chant: Missa in gallicantu
- Tallis Scholars - Peter Phillips
Gimell 454 917
Missa in gallicantu
- Introitus "Dominus dixit ad me"
- Kyrie "Deus Creator omnium"
- Laudes Deo
- Graduale "Tecum principium"
- Alleluia. V. Dominus dixit
- Sequentia "Nato canunt omnia"
- Offertorium "Laetentur caeli"
- Agnus Dei
- Communio "In splendoribus sanctorum"
- Hymn: Christe Redemptor omnium
- Hymn: Veni, Redemptor gentium
- Hymn: Salvator mundi, Domine
- Hymn: A solis ortus cardine
Playing time: 55'
Production date: 1988
Gimell CDGIM 202 [CDx2] Christmas with
the Tallis Scholars
This program is entirely plainchant, of chants current in England
when such composers as Tye &
Tallis were active.
The music recorded here is from the First Mass of Christmas
according to the Salisbury Rite. The chant has been taken from
printed sources, the Missal of 1531 and the Graduals of 1528 and
1532. The hymns have been borrowed from the 1st volume of the
Additional description by Sergey Lebedev.
Other recordings featuring the Missa in Gallicantu:
- Missa in Gallicantu & Carols
- Christmas Music from Medieval England
- Christmas Carols & Hymns of the XVth Century
- Pro Cantione Antiqua - Bruno Turner
Deutsche Harmonia Mundi "Editio
A couple of programs which include several tracks of Sarum chant,
together with English polyphony of the 15th century:
- The Spirits of England and France - V
- Missa Veterem hominem - An anonymous English Mass setting from c.1440
Gothic Voices - Christopher Page
- My Fayre Ladye
- Images of Women in Medieval England
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb