In Loving Memory
- In Loving Memory
- Psalms, Songs and Elegies
The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
Musica Oscura 070972-2
William Lawes (1602-1645) - Psalms
- Lord, as the Hart
- Out of the horrour of the Deep
- Praise the Lord
- How like a widow
- How long wilt thou forget
- Ne irascaris Domine
- Gloria Parti et Filio
William Lawes - Songs
- Perfect and Endles Circles
- Amarillis, tear thy hair
- Come Adonis, come away
- He that will not love
- Why soe pall an wan
- Yee Feinds and Furies
- Gather you Rosebuds
- Cease you jolly Shepherds
- O doe not now lament and cry
- Dear Will dead
- Lament and mourne
- Why in this shade of night?
- Bound by the neere conjunction
- Musick, the Master of thy Art
Playing time: 56'29"
Performer: The Consort of Musicke - Anthony Rooley, dir.
[Emma Kirkby (soprano), Evelyn Tubb (soprano), Mary Nichols (alto),
Joseph Cornwell (tenor), Andrew King (tenor), Simon Grant (bass),
Anthony Rooley (lute), Alan Wilson (organ)]
Recording site and date: Forde Abbey, Dorset, March 1995
Comments: Information from owned CD.
A related program:
- Songs by Henry & William Lawes
- Robin Blaze, Elizabeth Kenny, et al.
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.