Tallis: Complete Works - Volume 9
- Tallis: Complete Works - Volume 9
- Instrumental Music and Songs
Stephen Taylor / Charivari Agréable, et al.
Signum 042 (2 CDs)
- In Nomine I (consort)
- In Nomine II (consort)
- A Solfing Song (consort)
- Salvator Mundi (consort)
- Fantasia (consort)
- Felix Namque II (lute)
- Felix Namque I (virginal)
- When shall my sorrowful sighing slack (harpsichord)
- Like as the doleful dove (harpsichord)
- O ye tender babes (virginals)
- Purge me, O Lord (harpsichord)
- Per haec nos (virginals)
- A Point (virginals)
- Lesson: two partes in one (harpsichord)
- Remember not, O Lord God (harpsichord)
- Per haec nos (organ)
- A Point (organ)
- Lesson: two partes in one (organ)
- Tu nimirum (countertenor, lute)
- When shall my sorrowful sighing slack (countertenor, lute)
- Like as the doleful dove (countertenor, lute)
- O ye tender babes (countertenor lute)
- Byrd: Ye sacred muses (countertenor, consort)
- Litany (choir)
- Verset I (organ)
- Verset II (organ)
- Felix namque I (organ)
Performers: Charivari Agréable (consort), Lynda Sayce
(lute), Laurence Cummings (virginals, harpsichord), Andrew Benson
Wilson (organ), Stephen Taylor (countertenor), Chapelle du Roi
Playing time: 102'
Recording dates: May 2004 (St. Andrew's Church, Toddington),
August 2004 (Fenton House, Hampstead), July 2000 (Hampstead), May
1999 (Knole House)
This is the final volume in the Signum set.
Disc 2 is a set of "bonus tracks." The CD2#1 was
recorded as a part of Volume 6, but would
not fit on that program. CD2#2,3 are considered dubious attributions,
and CD2#4 is an alternate reading of CD1#7.
Performing members of Charivari Agréable & Chapelle
du Roi are not named.
A collection also featuring Tallis's complete viol music:
- In Nomine
- 16th C. English music for viols
Amon Ra 29
And a recording devoted to keyboard works:
- Tallis: Complete Keyboard Works
- Rachelle Taylor
To purchasing information for this disc.
To FAQ references to this recording.
To FAQ CD index page.
Todd M. McComb